Swathika says that she wants to act in controversial roles


Mudhal Kadhal Mazhai heroine Swathika while speaking to the media said,” I am donning the role called Lalitha in this film. Mahendran is doing the lead role. My role is equivalent to the heroe’s role.

I have got good scope for acting. This film was initially titled Lalitha Colony but since Colony is an English word, the title was changed as Mudhal Kadhal Mazhai. The story of this film is about the property dispute between two families. Madhuvannan is directing this film.

I had acted in the Kannada film Pallavi Illadha Saranam. I got a good name. I don’t have faith that a heroines can win with glamour alone. There will be sensation for few days if we act in glamour roles. Only acting can earn a good place.

That doesn’t mean that I won’t act in glamour roles. I will act in glamour roles where there is scope for acting also. There are lots of controversial films. I would like to act in such kind of controversial roles. We can confidently act in these kind of roles if the film is directed by directors like Prabhu Solomon.”

1 comment: