In Conversation with Nayantara


Probably if you ask anyone who would be the dream girl in Kollywood in 2009 many a person would undoubtedly say this name. From Superstar Rajinikanth and Sarath Kumar to Suriya and Ajith our lady has played the lead role alongside them.
Yes, you got it right we are talking about Nayantara. We caught up with Nayan who is at the moment basking in the success of her latest release ‘Villu’ where she plays the love interest of ‘Ilaya Thalapathi’ Vijay.
Tell us about ‘Villu’ - is it hot and happening as everybody is expecting?

‘Villu’ is stylish and fast. We have worked hard for it. All I can say is that we have worked in a way that fans will enjoy.
Prabhu Deva just can't stop talking about your wonderful performance in the film, but tell us how much you enjoyed working in this project?

Oh that's nice to hear! I am happy about this and we want our fans to enjoy the movie so we have done the best. The rest is in the hands of the audience.
Around four years back when you acted in ‘Ayya’ did you expect such a huge fan following?

When I started I never expected this; it all means that my fans have liked my performance and this is the result for the recognition given by them.
You had gone through rigorous physical exercises for a song in ‘Sathyam’, tell us more about that?

I normally do regular workouts, but for that song I was asked for a much toned up look so, I worked accordingly. It of course needed extra commitment and hard slog.
On a more serious note, actresses are always paid lesser than actors; do you think this is fair?

I think this is fair because actresses normally give lesser number of dates for a film compared to an actor. An actor goes a step ahead with stunt sequences and such extra works as per the script so, naturally that's how it should be.
Does Nayantara admire contemporary heroines?

In Bollywood I admire Kareena Kapoor and Bipasha Basu and down South I admire Simran.
What do you consider as your strong point and your weakness?

My strengths are hard work, confidence, and I don't have anything as far as weakness is concerned.
About A.R.Rahman winning the Golden Globe award
I am a great fan of A.R.Rahman. I feel happy for him and his achievement. I wish him good luck in everything what he does in the future..

No comments:

Post a Comment