I voted for the young lad - Director Balu Mahendra

A versatile filmmaker – A vivid inspirer – fantastic cinematographer and what else? It’s been a great honor for all in putting best words of appreciation for Filmmaker Balu Mahendra. Tamil Film Industry calls him – ‘Father of Golden Era’ for he had introduced exceptionally innovative traits in filmmaking.
Here goes the exclusive statement made by Balu Mahendra on A.R. Rahman while launching the audio of ‘Indira Vizha’.
“I was channelizing the association that finalizes winners of National Awards. It was during that time when Illayaraja’s ‘Devar Maghan’ and A.R. Rahman’s ‘Roja’ was in hand-to-hand combat. I was fascinated watching both the films. For a greater surprise, both the nominees won 7 votes each. And the task of deciding the winner indeed was directed to me. That was a moment when I thought none can produce such a fantastic music for the first film itself. With no options left I voted for A.R. Rahman’.
Also added, ‘Still I remember, Mani Ratnam calling him ‘Kutti Payya’ (Small Kid) while receiving the award’.

No comments:

Post a Comment