KB back to where he began


Veteran director K Balachander who set a trend in Tamil cinema with his sentiments-packed revolutionary themes, is back to his basics.
After staying away from stage plays for over thirty years, he is re-entering the dais with a play titled 'Pournami'. It features Delhi Ganesh, Fathima Babu and Renuka which will be inaugurated on 18th April in Chennai.
'Passion and love for the theatre brought me back here. Since I was busy with my prior commitments, I couldn't pursue my love for drama for a long time. I managed to squeeze some time for this now,' Balachander said about his comeback.
Prominent film personalities including Nagesh, 'Major' Sundararajan, Manorama, Sowcar Janaki, V Gopalakrishnan, Muthuraman, Srikanth had all been part of his famed team in the past.
KB's popular plays like 'Server Sundaram', 'Naanal', 'Ethir Neechal', 'Neer Kumizhi', 'Navagraham' and 'Major Chandrakanth' were later made into films which became runaway hits.
Balachander had directed over 100 films in his career introducing several prominent artistes including Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan, Saritha, Prakashraj and Vivek among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment