Banti Saroj Kumar speaks about his film Porkalam



Banti Saroj Kumar is directing a film titled Porkalam. Recently while speaking to the media about this film, he said,” After completing my film course, I made a short film. I showed this film to director Ram Gopal Varma.
He told me that I have excelled in technical matters and asked me to do a film independently. Respecting his words I immediately started this work. Andhra audiences have a stereotyped mind set. They will not accept new ideas immediately. But Tamil audience is not like this.
If you put your efforts 100 % and give them something new to enjoy, they will appreciate you like anything. Because of this kind of attitude among Tamil audience, I brought my producer Bhaskara Rao of Bharani Minerals to Tamil cinema. If you give good entertainment to Tamil audience, they will receive you well even if you are an unknown person. The story of this film is about a hero who is a terror party. The heroine is in Andhra.
There she entangles in a problem and comes to the hero. The hero in turn goes to Andhra and bashes the people who trouble the heroine. Though this is one line, the treatment will be scary. The hero is Kishore and the heroine is Smitha from Bangalore. There are seven villains.
The hero will meet only one villain face to face and other six villains he will not meet face to face. There is no make up for anyone in this film. Our team members are of the age group of 30s including the heroine. I have the shot the entire film in high contrast lighting.You will feel there is color in the film but there wouldn’t be color. This is called desaturated color. For the first time in Tamil cinema we have used 100 feet Strata Crane. I have not used zoom lens in any of the shots. I have used wide angle lens for the entire film.’

No comments:

Post a Comment