Actor Arjun Exploring Bollywood

He will be touching his landmark 150th film as an actor with his soon to be released Kannada-Tamil-Telugu trilingual titled Prasad.

Having directed almost a dozen flicks, action king Arjun Sarja, who amazed in a negative role in Mankatha, speaks to DC in an exclusive interview about Prasad, Bollywood and more…
On Prasad: he says “In the 26 years of my film career, I haven’t done a film like Prasad. It is an emotion-packed film.
I play a mechanic from a lower middleclass family and Madhuri Bhattacharya plays the role of my wife. When she conceives, the mechanic wishes for a baby boy.
He is on top of the world when his wife delivers a baby boy but is shattered when he realises that the child is deaf and dumb. Manoj Sati has made a realistic film, without any exaggeration.
The climax will explain why I accepted a film like Prasad. The highlight of the movie is 7-year-old Sankalp, who plays the title role and is deaf and mute in real life as well.
On his Berlin Fest experience: Since the movie had a global theme and message, producer Ashok Kheny made a festival version also.
The Kannada version was premiered at the Berlin International Film Festival recently. and the response was tremendous Joining Mani Ratnam in Kadal: I can’t reveal much! It should come from Mani sir.
But, it is not a role with grey shades! Apart from the ‘Mani’ factor, what prompted me to accept this flick was its unusual characterisation.
Returning to direction: I have agreed to direct a film for Aascar Films. It is an action movie and I play the lead. Also, talks are on with Eros International for directing a Hindi movie.
Future offerings: Apart from Kadal, there is Vana Yuddhama by AMR Ramesh. Maasi with Kicha is ready for release. and Moondru Per Moondru Kadhal with director Vasanth.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u.


    Tamil Cinema

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u. Tamil Cinema

    ReplyDelete