Director Gautham Menon records in London

Music always plays an important role in a Gautham Menon directorial venture. Right from his debut Minnale, he’s had good music.

This time around, his trilingual project Neethane En Ponvasantham, which stars Samantha as the female lead, while Jiiva, Nani and Aditya Roy Kapoor play the leads in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi respectively, will have music maestro Ilaiyaraaja composing the tunes. The filmmaker is off to London to record the songs. “I am off to record the songs with Raja. He is someone I’ve grown up listening to and I love his tunes. I am excited about working with him as it is a dream come true for me,” says Gautham.
While the teaser promo that was released a month back had the famous Ilaiyaraaja song that the film’s title is inspired from, a little known fact is that Gautham himself sang the song that Jiiva lip syncs in it. Ask him if he will be singing the full song which will be remastered and released in this film and he says, “Oh no! I am not a singer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment