I’m on top of the world: Devi Sri Prasad

Top Telugu and Tamil music director Devi Sri Prasad popularly known as DSP is riding a wave. His Telugu Pawan Kalyan’s Gabbar Singh has turned out to be a runaway super hit.
DSP’s music for GS especially the song Pilla..has become a rage. The bright and young music director takes time of his busy schedule to speak to Sreedhar Pillai.
Q. Gabbar Singh is turning out to be a super hit and your music for the film is topping the charts. Please comment
I’m on top of the world. At the audio launch itself, Pawan Kalyan sir told me that every song in the album is mindblowing. Now I’m happy that his words have come true and the film is turning out to be a blockbuster and music is being appreciated. My special thanks to director Harish Shankar for making it a success.
Q. The song you wrote, Pillaa.. is turning out to be the chartbuster.
I had written for five or six films earlier but nothing like Pillaa.. song.Harish wanted a mass song, and I tweaked it a bit and made it classy, at the same time with a mass touch. The whole song has been written keeping in mind the smile of a girl. A folk singer Vaddepalli Srinivas rendered it well and Pawan Kalyan’s dialogue interlude in the song blended beautifully along with Harish Shankar’s picturisation using drummers in the background worked with the audiences.
Q. Is writing in your blood as your dad was a school teacher and a writer?
Yes, I have imbibed writing from my dad, and have written lyrics for a few Telugu movies earlier(Shankar Dada). But Pillaa was different as every lyricist like Chandrabose garu,Ramajogayya garu, Sahiti garu,Bhaskarabatla garu appreciated me for the lyrics. I became very emotional when the legendary Sitarama Shastry garu called me and praised me for my Pillaa lyrics. It was as good as getting an award.
Q. You seem to be doing more Telugu films than Tamil?
It just happened that I’m doing about 7 films in Telugu with top stars at the moment. In Tamil I’m doing Karthi’s Alex Pandian and all the songs have come out well. Karthi just loves my music and he remembers all my Telugu numbers. I’m also doing Hari sir’s Singam 2 with Suriya sir. We have already recorded two songs for the album.
Q. What’s happening on your Bollywood front especially after Salman’s Ready song Dhinka Chinka an adaptation of Ring a Ringa became rage?
At the moment I’m doing the title song for Kabeer Kaushik’s Maximum which has Naseeruddin Shah and Sonu Sood. They have picked my Aa Ante song from Arya. I should be doing a film for Salman Khan soon, as he has told me that he loves my music.

No comments:

Post a Comment