Actor Asin and Kareena jointly rule Bollywood’s 100 Cr club!

Last weekend was memorable for Asin. Her new release Bol Bachchan touched Rs102 Crore and joined Bollywood’s exclusive Rs 100 Cr club. For the girl from Kochi it is nothing new as Bol Bachchan is her fourth film after Ghajini, Ready and Housefull 2 to join the elite club.

Asin now shares the top spot with Kareena Kapoor who too has four films that figure in the 100 Cr club- 3 Idiots, Golmaal 3, Bodyguard and RA One. Asin in an earlier interview had said: “I am not bothered about numbers, I am happy that it happened with my films. It is not that I was expecting it to happen; it is not in my hands. I enjoyed doing my part”.
Today Asin, is the biggest success story of a girl who made her debut in south Indian films making it big in Bollywood. Down south she has an awesome strike rate at the box-office. Nearly 90 % of the films which she has acted in Tamil and Telugu over a period of five years were super hits.
In Bollywood out of five releases (Ghajini, London Dreams,Ready, Housefull 2 & Bol Bachchan) only one has failed. Today four of her films feature in the Rs 100 Cr club, which is simply amazing.
Asin in an exclusive interview to PTI said: “I am happy I have come this far here (Bollywood) on my own without godfathers, grandfathers or millionaire boyfriends. It is rare for an artist to get acceptance by the north as well as the south audiences, and I have thankfully managed that.”
Her detractors say that she had “oodles of luck at the box-office.” But industry pundits believe that it is a combination of making the right choices of commercial films, hard work and fiery determination to reach the top. Asin is still one of the hottest actors in the endorsement circuit, a proof that she has tremendous reach and goodwill among the millions.

No comments:

Post a Comment