Kannukuley Shows Me Differently -Aparna Pillai


The Mithun starrer Kannukeley is a film which actor Aparna Pillai is proud of. “I play a mom who is unhappy with her husband and who scolds him incessantly. Raising my voice like that is something I usually don’t do in real life! So it was quite a challenge for me,” she says.So why did the heroine who did films like Pudukottai Saravanan, Nenjil, Manu and others take up a mothers role? “You have to break your boundaries. I liked the role and the script. People now have identified me and come up and say they like my performance,” says the actor. “I realized the seriousness of the character and understanding the mind set I did what was asked of me. I had to restrict my movements and get into the skin of the character.”Her favourite scene is the introductory one which she says gave her a lot of freedom to perform. Aparna is now busy with her dance production which is broadway type of musical but set in the Bharatanatyam format, called Kadhal Aaghi Kasindhu.’ She has also acted in a short film called Eezha Kanavugal which is heading for the festival circuits abroad. Let’s hope we get to see more of this talented actor on screen now.

No comments:

Post a Comment