You Deserve The Award Says Rajnikanth To Suman


Actor Suman is on cloud nine after winning the TN State Government award in Tamil as Best Villain for Sivaji. “I owe it to Rajni, Shankar, AVM Saravanan and my mentor Kittu who introduced me to films in 1978,” says an elated Suman.The actor is all praise for superstar Rajnikanth, his long standing friend in Kollywood. “When I was offered this role of the villain, it was Rajni who phoned me and advised that I should take it and said ‘Sivaji will be a good break for you in Tamil. The film has fifty percent of you only in the villain’s role” recalls Suman. After winning the award, Rajni called him recently and congratulated him. “You deserve the award, Rajni said to me,” says Suman. “I am happy that I got to spend one and half years with Rajni during the making of the film.,” smiles Suman.Suman is all praise for Shankar who carefully crafted his role to perfection and made a success out of it. “It was a huge thrill for me when I got a call from Shankar’s office and an even greater thrill when I actually went for a meeting to his office,” recalls Suman.The actor did around 15 get ups and shot 300 photos before they decided on the right look for the film. Suman is now gearing up for a successful career in all southern languages post the success of Sivaji. His next is Pazhassi Raja, releasing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment